“UPitchNJ is sponsored by the New Jersey Collegiate Entrepreneurship Consortium, which represents the entrepreneurship education programs at New Jersey’s four-year colleges and universities.”
This year, Montclair State University hosted the UPitchNJ competition.
14 teams from the following colleges pitched for the first place prize of $2,000: Drew University, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Monmouth University, Montclair State University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Princeton University, Ramapo College of New Jersey, Rider University, Rowan University, Rutgers University, Saint Peter’s University, Seton Hall University, Stevens Institute of Technology, and William Paterson University.
UPitch NJ Judges
Futurestay CEO, S. Philip Kennard was invited to be one of the judges this year. The other entrepreneurial judges for the competition were:
- Jackson Jeyanayagam, Chief Marketing Officer at Boxed
- Jessica Gonzalez, Founder & CEO of InCharged
- Kimberly Weisul, Editor-At-Large, Inc.com
- Elizabeth Vilchis, Founder & CEO, latinoTech
Check out some of the event highlights
The winning teams
Congratulations to all the teams who competed. The list of teams who placed in the four categories include:
- Living Waters — First Place
- League of Lifeguards — Second Place
- NeatSweeps — Audience Choice & Third Place
- Dowie Corp — Best Early Stage Startup
“Given the combination of universities, financial institutions and successful startups, New Jersey is one of the best places in the nation for entrepreneurship to flourish.” — Greg Olsen, Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Princeton University.